We have a range of programs that need your ongoing support. Donations to the general fund represent your financial support of our overall mission and gives us the flexibility to allocate as needed.
The mission of the Foundation for Louisiana is to invest in people and practices that work to reduce vulnerability and build stronger, more sustainable communities statewide.
The board and staff of the Foundation for Louisiana are guided by a set of core values and beliefs:
- Increased access to resources and opportunity strengthens vulnerable communities and improves qualify of life for all residents.
- The grassroots wisdom of Louisiana residents is one of our most valuable resources.
- Growing economic opportunity spurs innovation and creates shared prosperity.
- Individuals and families have the right to maintain their dignity amidst disaster.
- Achieving equity and inclusion for all Louisianans requires effective public policy and systemic change.
- Given appropriate resources and support, communities are able to solve their own problems and chart their own futures.
- Transparency and accountability are cornerstones of integrity and institutional success.
- Collaboration and continuous learning improves the reach and quality of our work.
- A diverse board and staff, representative of the diversity of our state, provide the best leadership for the Foundation.